CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 17

God Please Help Me!

I’m back bloggerland   and trying to write this blog has been one of the hardest things for me these passed few months.

I had a very hard few month. Like thousands of people ( maybe million, don’t know); we have lost our business and that bloggers was so overwhelming stressful for me. My husbands' worked years to achieve that accomplishment and we are so proud of him! One day unexpectedly for no reason, the person that we were leasing the machine from just took it. I’m not going to bore you with all the detail because it just a waste of time to even dwell on it. It happen and we had no chose but to move on. We were left with less than we started with; we gave up our home and place that our children grew up in for an “opportunity” to give them better. I can’t describe in words how I felt and just opted to not write such negativity in my blog. I prayed to God everyday to help me cope and move on for my children and my husband. God please help me! I prayed. I hind my disappointments, until I physically got sick. (That happen during Christmas and New Years.) I just kept thinking of the poem Footprints and what  it says:

The LORD replied, “My precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was that I carried you”

Well bloggers things got more complicated but I bought the poem and hug it in my doorway and prayed God Please Help me! My husband has been an angel in my life and I wanted to do the same for him. I want to be strong for my family but I was struggling with so many issues all at once. So I prayed and prayed PLEASE GOD HELP ME! And then I literally stubble across this book stop whining START LIVING by Dr. Laura Schlessingger. She made me see things differently, and this book is helping me cope with all my new challenges in a more productive way. May I say this resection is now a blessing, wow I can’t believe I wrote that! It’s true losing the house, losing the business and even “losing” my husband ( he’s working out off town for months now) has been a blessing. I see negative things in a positive light and I wish I had read this book years ago. Here’s an example from the book and what I mean:

Another listener, Amanda, send me one of those Internet goodies called  “we all need a tree”.  As the story goes, a plumber was hired to restore a old farmhouse,  and after he had just finished a rough first day on the job, a flat tire made him lose a hour of work, his electric drill quit, and his ancient one-ton truck refused to start. His temporary employer drove him home as he sat in stony silence. When they got to his house, the plumber invited the employer in to meet his family. As they walked toward the door the plumber paused briefly at a small tree, touching the tips of the branches with both hands. When opening the door he underwent a amazing transformation: his face creased into big smiles and he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss.

When the plumber walked the employer back to her car they passed the tree and the employer's curiosity got the  better of her. She asked about the tree and why he touched it as he did.

“I know I can’t help having troubles on the job, but one things for sure, they don’t belong in the house with my wife and children… so I just hang them up on the tree every night  when I come home from work and ask God to take care of them. Then in the morning I pick them up again. Funny thing is”  -he smiled – “ when I come out in the morning to pick ‘em up, there  aren’t nearly as many as I remember hanging up the night before.”

It is up to both the husband and wife to use loving compassion to help each other cope with stresses; and each spouse has responsibility to minimize the figurative mud they drag into their homes on their shoes."

God is carrying me right now!  My job is to take care of my family and trust in him;  just as the plumber did.   Dr. Laura Schlessingger also say “ Being “happy” doesn’t just have to mean that you get what you want; a tremendous amount of happiness comes from the sacrifices you make to fulfill the needs of other who depend upon you.”   Wow I feel so foolish! How can I not TRUST IN him, God is carrying me right now! Everything is going to be ok!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think some nights, I'm just MEANT to find certain blogs and I think this was one of those nights.
:)

Angelmom said...

Thanks for your comments. :) God works in mysterious ways Nicole, I lost my faith in him and he found a way to remind me; he's with me & my family. I hope the story of the plumber touches you as much as it touch me that day. :)

Leelou Blogs